On this day…
Today is the 125th anniversary of the birth of my grandfather Edward Charles Cannon.
- Born 1 April 1893 in London to Benjamin and Emily Cannon
- Serves in Royal Army Medical Corps as an Optician. Leaves army 1919 (poss)
- Leaves London and arrived in Fremantle on 12 December 1923 on the Orvieto
- Marries (maybe) Mary Josephine Nicholson on 1 December 1925 in Perth WA
- Birth of Son, Edward Charles Cannon Junior (1926–) 12 Octobr 1926
- Birth of Daughter, Cynthia Cannon (1928–) 28 December 1928
- Death of Mary Josephine (wife) 26 September 1961
- Death 1976 in Parramatta
Things I can’t find out so far:
- How many siblings did he have and are they half siblings?
- Why is he listed in the 1901 census as an “adopted son”?
- Did he really marry in 1925?
The sleuthing continues!